Update: The Giveaway is now closed. We will go through all entries to make sure everybody is on our list. Then we will determine the winner.
We have hinted at it in our report about the GW2 booth that we have something to give away. The first part is a Guild Wars 2 t-shirt in size XL. We do not have any other sizes. Even I only got one in size XL – which, of course, is much too big for me. I still love it!
Before we get on to how you can enter the giveaway, let me show you some pictures of the t-shirt. This was handed out during the meet&greet in the evening that we have written about (see above).
1. If you want the t-shirt, leave a comment and:
a) tell us which part of Guild Wars 1 you would love to see again in Guild Wars 2. For example, Oola’s Lab in Eye of the North… wouldn’t that be great to randomly stumble upon it in Guild Wars 2 with your character then trying to access it (just a totally random example, of course. ^^).
b) tell us what you would love to see in a future expansion in Guild Wars 2. Yes, I know, the game isn’t even out yet and we’re already talking about expansions. We wanted to give those who do not know Guild Wars 1 well enough a way to take part in the giveaway, though. :)
2. Leave a valid email address when commenting. It will only be used by us for contacting the winner and nothing else! The best way to do that is to enter said email address into the “email” field. We can see that address but nobody else will be able to see it (if you instead put it into the body of your comment, everybody will see it)!
3. From all appropriate answers*, we will randomly draw the winner who we will then contact to ask for the address. Do NOT leave your real life address in the comments! Please reply to our email within 7 days. If you don’t do that, we will choose a different winner.
4. One entry per person (IP addresses are always logged by wordpress.com when somebody comments)! We reserve the right to exclude entries when we think you’re trying to cheat by entering multiple times. Stay fair, please. :) Also, people commenting on our blog for the first time won’t see their comment appear immediately. We’ll have to approve them manually, so please be patient. We will also regularly look at our spam folder to make sure nobody’s entry is missed. ;)
5. No debating about the outcome! We will draw randomly and everybody who comments with an appropriate answer has the same chance of winning. :)
6. The Giveaway is open for comments/participants until Friday, August 24, 2012, 7pm Berlin Time (this should give you the time for your time zone).
7. Last but not least, a word of warning: We usually prefer digital giveaways, because you can be sure that the winner receives their prize. Obviously, we will send the t-shirt via snail mail as the t-shirt doesn’t fit through the internet. We really hope you will receive your t-shirt and the post behaves, but we can’t guarantee it. I doubt it really has to be said, but there you go. As you can tell, we do not trust the post system too much. ;)
*Obvious troll comments, “easy one-word answers”, etc. will not count. We want you to think about your answer for a bit and put in some effort, at least. :)