I prepared the list of participants earlier today, so that I can roll for the winners fast now. As always, we use random.org to choose the winners. We had a couple of people who left several comments, but those were only counted once, of course, so that everybody gets the same chance to win!
Without further ado, here are the winners (in alphabetical order). Congratulations to everybody! If you haven’t won, come again the next time we have a giveaway. Maybe you’ll win then. :)
- Christa Pizzicato
- Christina sweat
- Dianne Melahn
- Jennifer Anderson
- Usain Bolt
You will receive your codes through the email address you provided, so there is nothing you need to do. If you don’t receive an email, then contact us (by using the email you left in the comment field, so we know it’s really you! ;) ).
Update (August 21): This giveaway is now closed. The winners will be announced shortly!
We just received more codes for the Racing Snail and Radar Corgis!
In total, we are giving away the Racing Snail as well as the Radar Corgi to 10 lucky winners! All you have to do is read the “Rules and Important Notes” below before participating.
It is also important to note that these codes will expire on the first Monday of next month which will be September 5. If you win these codes, please make sure to enter them on your Trion Worlds account website before that date!
Rules and Important Notes
- One entry per person! Please stay fair! Your IP address gets logged when you comment, so we can see if you try to enter several times.
- Leave a comment with the keyword “Snail!” to enter the giveaway.
- Leave a valid email address when commenting. It will only be used by us for contacting the winners and nothing else! Enter said email address into the “email” field, do not add it to the comment field as that one is public! We will send an email to the winners with the codes you’ve won.
- The codes are only valid until the first Monday of next month (September 5). It’s probably best for you to enter them right away at the official website.
- No debating about the outcome! We will randomly choose the winners.
- This giveaway will run from today until 21. August (9 pm our time!). Click the link to check for the time in your timezone.
- If you have not commented here before, your comment will have to be approved by me or bookahnkerk before it becomes publicly available. Do not make a second or even a third comment. We will approve your comment as soon as we can! :)
Last but not least, good luck to everybody who participates!
(This post is part of Blaugust.)
(Update: We’ve added three more winners for Archeage and Devilian!)
As always, I’ve checked the list of comments twice – actually, three times, because I always check again after rolling for the winners. Those of you who made double posts: Don’t worry. I counted your comment only once, of course, but it’s no problem that it happened. The first time you comment in our blog, it has to be manually approved by me, so it takes a bit until it shows up. :)
Either way, you’re not here to read about how spam protection works with WordPress, you want to know if you’ve won, right? I’ll present the list of winners below. Congratulations to everybody! I’ll be emailing you your codes in a bit.
Also, if you participated for Rift: Make sure to keep an eye on this blog as we will probably be getting more codes in the future for Rift-related giveaways!
ArcheAge Skywhisper Glider & Oathbound Plate – Humberto Flores and Rory Joseph
Atlas Reactor: Gray’s Citadel Style – Malcolm and Charlie
Defiance: APS Envoy Outfit and Headgear & Blue/Red Challenger Vehicle – Kerry and myriftblog
Devilian: Shimmering Devil Wings – Mörkö and Just Talön
Trove: Streamer Dream Box – zyngor
RIFT: Community Racing Snail – Coco and Malcolm
RIFT: Radar Corgi Pet – Jpo and Melody/Krissy
Update: Mikkell wins a Skywhisper Glider for Archeage, Lherana wins the Oathbound Plate for Archeage and Chris Szablewski wins the Shimmering Devil Wings for Devilian.
I fell asleep yesterday trying to follow the Rift livestream with information about their expansion “Starfall Prophecy”. So I decided to read up on what was said, but I couldn’t find anything online (if there is, please point me to it!). I’m listening to it now and figured I could also just write down what I hear and share it with you here in this blog. This may not be a complete list as I may have missed something. Additionally, I had trouble understanding them sometimes (not a native speaker, so please keep that in mind – if I got anything wrong, feel free to correct it in the comments! :) ). Basic information about the expansion can be found on the official expansion’s website.
Dungeons and Raids
- 2 dungeons at launch: One for life and one for fire
- They said “very very polished dungeons”
- They do have plans for more future dungeons, but only two at launch
- Dungeons will be shown on Gamescom and PAX (possibly the fire one?). Personal note: No show booth at Gamescom. They’ll be in the press hall only!
- Raid: Will probably launch with 4.1, to give the raid team more time to polish. Along with the raid, they will release the “looking for raid” feature.
- It’s going to be a 10 man raid. Focus will be on 10 man raids from here on. No 20 mans on the schedule
- Some invite-only alpha tests for players
- Alittu as starting point for expansion. First quests will be from here.
- Not going to replace Tempest Bay. Tempest Bay will remain the city for players where you can find everything you need.
- Size of the new zones: Will be shown at Gamescom. Personal note: No show booth at Gamescom. They’ll be in the press hall only!
- One point per character from 66 to 70 (5 points in total per character)
- How deep you’ve gone into a soul determines how many points you can spend in that soul. 61 points = Unlock up to 3 legendary abilities in that soul
- Modified upgraded versions of abilities, not completely new ones.
- Website only shows a couple of examples – All examples are still subject to change!
- Rogue: 61 points in Bladedancer allows you to have two rhythmic actions going at once with a legendary ability
- Warrior’s Bull Rush (Champion Soul): Teleports and roots the enemy for 1.5 seconds. The new version can only be cast within 3 metres, but it will knock the enemies back and then you charge to them
- Not every ability has a legendary ability, but they’re targetting for 5 to 7 per soul.
- New zone event mechanic
- Purely PvE, no PvP. Chat asked a few times whether it could be made into a PvP feature – no reply to that question as far as I could hear
- For a lot of players at once
- Event starts with a lot of solo content (“do some stuff with walls, fight some stuff back”). Further through the siege the content becomes group-based, then raid-based (for public groups) with a boss at the end
Planar Assault Mode
- “Basically rifts 4.0” (Archonix got that wrong and called the Fortress Sieges “rifts 4.0” at first, then Julia came into the room to correct that a few minutes later)
- You’re not directly going to the other planes in the expansion until you do Planar Assault adventures.
- Similar to instant adventures: you queue up and you’re dropped into the planes to fight a rift or many rifts. We’re basically doing some invading back
- There will be a whole livestream dedicated to the Planar Assault Adventures later on
Prepurchasing the expansion
- If you purchased the expansion, starting on Wednesday you will get 5 extra Starfall Prophecy tickets to make up for the 1 or 2 missed ones on August 4/5
- 40 slot bag for Starfall Prophecy Tokens is unique
- Opie is one per character. Opie’s jump ability helps you in reaching artifacts, but there won’t be artifacts that require Opie to reach them!
- New bracket for levels 65-70
- I don’t think anything else was said about PvP at this point.
- Planar Fragments: customize your gear, tweak the stats.
- New way to upgrade equipment: Activities out in the world, similar to a quest. E.g., for a helmet to upgrade you’d need to close 10 rifts or do 10 warfronts.
- New item rarity: Eternal items. Special but rare items as in there won’t be that many in the world. Colour will be Aqua-blue, new tooltip frame just for this rarity. Not much information what exactly this will be or where/how you can get it.
- How big is the gear jump? Should players still try to get T3 raid gear? It’ll give you a leg up. Maybe you’ll be able to upgrade these items to get even more of a leg up.
- Crafted 70s replacing 65 transcended gear? – too early to talk about that yet
- Why the change to “buy to play”? – They need to earn the money, of course, but did not want to monetize on things like earring slots as they did with Nightmare Tide, or charge for pieces of the expansion. Vladd added in the chat: “To be clear, some planar fragment slots will need to be unlocked but it will be through in-game means, not paywalls.”
- Lockboxes and other monetization will stay.
- Expansion will not be sold for credits
- Earring slots unlocked with buying this expansion? – Currently no, but they are discussing it internally!
- Everything you need to know about the lore will be in the expansion. You’re not missing out if you didn’t do the raid “Comet of Ankhet”.
- Some of the old world heroes will be accompanying you: Shyla, for example
- They don’t know if the level 65 boost will be tradeable
- Crafting, dimensions, stuff for guild – not talked about, but they will talk about these later
- Players without the expansion: If it’s e.g., a new crafting recipe to craft a dimension key, then they will be able to get that dimension (and the recipe, too, if it’s tradeable)
- New Sparkle quest for 70s, but not directly at launch. You need to be level 70 to be using the rewards from the 70 sparkle quest.
- Fishing: New 70 version of a fishing pole – no promise, but it’d be cool
- They internally have a launch date and they are on track
- 64 bit alpha delayed, they gave a reason, but to be honest, I didn’t understand it, so I won’t write it down here (something with double build size and double build time)
- Primalist souls: 4 still missing. They’ll be coming out next year
While the next expansion for Rift “Starfall Prophecy” has been announced yesterday and pre-purchases are live, we do not know a launch day yet. But we did get some kind of estimation. Since bookahnerk and I just did some counting, I figured I would share it here, so others can save that time. :p
Here is what we know so far:
In order to get all three rewards, you will need 85 tokens and thus, it takes 85 days to get those tokens. Counting 85 days into the future puts us at October 27, but that is without the “little cushion” they mentioned. This is pure guessing, of course, but I would say 5 days as cushion. Mostly because “90” is a nice number to remember. :p This would move the possible launch date to November 1. And we know it won’t be close to Christmas and definitely before December 20.
In other words, we know it will be between October 27 and December 19. But my guess is that the expansion will launch in November, maybe in the first week of December, even though I don’t think they want to get into December as people’s minds are halfway in Christmas holidays already. At the same time, planning for November means that they do have a little bit of time left to “postpone” the launch in case something goes wrong and they need more development time than anticipated.