I’ve been working towards this goal ever since Trion introduced chaos coins! A chaos coin can be used to increase your account’s “chaos factor” by 1. For every chaos factor, you get one chaos chest a day if you log in to the game. You can get chaos factor in different ways:
- You pay a monthly fee and as long as you are subscribed, your chaos factor is increased by 2 and you get 2 chaos chests per day.
- For every $1000 spent, you get one chaos factor (and thus, one chaos chest per day). Yes, 1000.
- You are lucky and win a chaos coin in Trion’s Trove livestreams on Twitch – guess who got lucky there? Yes, bookahnerk!
- Chaos coins can also rarely drop out of a chaos chest. These chaos coins are tradeable – guess who got lucky there? Yes, bookahnerk and consequently me, as he gave that chaos coin to me.
- Reach Mastery Rank 100 and get your chaos factor raised by 1.
Once I had gotten the chaos coin from bookahnerk, I had stopped “hurrying” with the Mastery. It was no longer that important for me, because I already had one chaos chest a day anyway. But then when I got closer and closer to 100, I noticed I started hurrying again, focusing on doing those things that gives me mastery points. And today, finally, I was *this* close to 100 when… the server crashed and stayed offline for about an hour or so. So yes, I think that was my karma. Sorry everybody who couldn’t play either because of that. :p
The server finally came back online and a mere 15 minutes later, here I am, proud owner of “chaos factor 2”.
This post is not part of Blaugust 2015. ;)