I’ve seen countless people write about their experiences and share screenshots (not always in public places, so I’m not going to be able to link to all of them). If I start linking to them now, how many will be disappointed that I forgot them? Oh well, I’ll risk this and add that if you have written about your experiences or just showed screenshots, please leave a comment with the link here, so I can add it (if you’ve written several ones, I’ll just link to your website instead). :)
The first beta weekend event took place from April 27 to April 29. We were there when the servers went live (an hour earlier than anticipated) and we were there when the servers went offline this morning (EU time). We were also there to witness the death of the legendary white bunny! But let’s leave that for a later time. ;) Bookahnerk has also filmed his gameplay and will edit and upload them to our youtube channel at some point. He spent most of his time doing silly things in WvW, though. My own thoughts will follow later, but you can already take a look at The Lion’s Arch Screenshoty Gallery.
So let’s have a look what others have written about the BWE already:
- Hunter’s Insight has a few posts about the overflow shard, karma hearts and a live report.
- GuildMag also has several postings, including A first-timer’s view of Guild Wars 2 in 3 parts.
- Syp from BioBreak lists 30 things about Guild Wars 2′s beta weekend.
- A critical view of WvW comes from Werit.
- Live like a nerd has written about the quest mechanics.
- Pete Smith has shared his general impressions.
- GWOnline has a few interesting topics. One of them is a critical look at the real money transactions.
- Guildwars2journal has some WvW footage.
- Rakuno’s First Beta Weekend Impressions at Shards of Imagination.