NOW I have really finished November’s NaBloPoMo: 30 days with posting at least 1 blog post every day. We decided we should let this challenge end with our Christmas Giveaway! As the subject says: You can win 1000 gems.
Unfortunately, we cannot simply give the lucky winner a code as the codes we can buy are EU-only (and thus, we would exclude at least half of our readership). So we decided to buy a gem card worth 2000 gems and we’ll give away 1000 here and the other 1000 on the Dragon Season forums. Thus, the lucky winner from this giveaway will be able to choose whatever they want from the gem store worth up to 1000 gems (the remaining gems will be traded for gold when we buy the items and will be sent to the winner as well)!*
Since we’re going to use the gift function to give you your gem items, you can’t choose anything from the “upgrades” tab. Those items cannot be gifted, unfortunately. :( Look for the little gift icons to be 100% sure the item(s) can be gifted.
The next bit of info that you’d probably like to get is: How can you win? It’s quite simple:
1. We want you to comment and present us a screenshot of your Guild Wars 2 character in winters day spirit. This includes snowy regions (like Hoelbrak), Lion’s Arch when it’s decorated for winter’s day (this should come on December 10), or whatever else you come up with.
2. The Giveaway is open for comments/participants until Tuesday, December 24, 2013, 11.59pm Berlin Time (this should give you the time for your time zone).
3. One entry (and one screenshot!) per person (IP addresses are always logged by wordpress.com when somebody comments)! We reserve the right to exclude entries when we think you’re trying to cheat by entering multiple times. Stay fair, please. :)
4. Leave your GW2 account name (NOT your login email address, but the name with the numbers like Paeroka.7924). Alternatively, if you prefer not to post your account name publicly, make sure you leave a valid email address when commenting, so we can contact you via email instead. It will only be used by us for contacting the winner and nothing else! The best way to do that is to enter said email address into the “email” field. We can see that address but nobody else will be able to see it (if you instead put it into the body of your comment, everybody will see it)!
5. From all screenshots, we will choose the ones we like the most (no definite number. If there are lots of great entries, then we’ll choose lots) and out of that pool, we will randomly draw the winner of the 1000 gems giveaway.
6. The winner will be contacted in game or via email. Please reply until January 2, 2014 and tell us which item(s) from the gem store you want! If you do not reply within that time frame, we will choose another winner.
7. No debating about the outcome!
If you’re wondering where or how to upload the picture, read the following instruction (written by Tilion from DragonSeason):
1) Go to http://tinypic.com/ and select Browse.
2) Find your picture from your PC at the pop-up window. Once you select it, click Upload Now.
3) Fill in the CAPTCHA code that will appear on your screen and click once more Upload Now.
4) Once you’re through with that, copy the Direct Link for Layouts that has been given to you and come back here and leave a comment.
*I did test the gifting function by gifting a box of fun to ArcherAvatar who has a US account. He messaged me saying he received it, so gifting between the EU and US regions is possible!